Friday, January 30, 2015

Family History Writing Challenge

I've signed up to participate in the Family History Writing Challenge, organized by Lynn Palermo, The Armchair Genealogist.Click here to learn more about the challenge. I have committed to writing 200 words or one hour every day from February 1 to February 28.  

My goal for  this blog was to organize the material in Great Grandma Belle Tisdale Booksh's collection of letters, photos, documents, and clippings for a book.  The plan was to post one document a week with a transcription and related photos and historical background. Then I got pulled into doing research on the Civil War in Louisiana, a fascinating subject. Next the holidays came along and took up all my spare time. I'm hoping this challenge will get me back on track to posting weekly. 

As a bonus to visiting the Family History Writing Challenge site I discovered Lynn's Family History Blog to Book Project which looks like it will be a big help as well.

So stay tuned for next week's post on Belle's cousin Nathan Tisdale (1831-1901).

No comments: